A Guide to Bridal Lingerie
Beneath all the beautiful silk, lace and tulle is the oh-so soft and indulgent bridal lingerie. Every woman knows the kind of confidence and sexiness it exudes, it down right just feels fabulous! As Christian Dior once said, "Real elegance is everywhere ... especially in the things that don't show." So ladies, before walking down the aisle make sure you invest in lingerie that would make you feel confident and sexy all throughout your wedding day and night!
Getting the right size is the most imperative part of ensuring that everything fits and falls at the right place. Going to a professional bra fitter would be the wisest way to go about this. Should you not be able to, below is a brief description on how to measure your bra size yourself:
- Band size - this is the circumference measurement around your rib cage. Holding a tape measure parallel to the ground measure around and under your bust after exhaling. Round off the measurement to the nearest whole inch number up or down.
- Bust size - measure parallel to the ground and place the tapemeasure around the fullest part of your bust. Make sure you stand with your arms to your side. Make sure you round off the measurement up or down to the nearest whole number.
- Cup size - Subtract the band size measurement from the bust size emasuremen. This number represents your cup size. For every inch in difference the cup size goes up one size starting at A for one inch difference, B for two inches difference, C for three inches difference, and so on.
- For example, if your bust size is 35 and band size is 32, your cup size is: 35" - 32" = 3". Your a C cup, which makes your Bra size a 32C.
2. Choose a flattering style
There is nothing worse than trying on a beautiful set of lingerie and finding it is totally unsuitable for your body type! Everybody is different, and you need to take this into account when choosing the perfect set. So take a look at the options at your favourite lingerie store don't be afraid to experiment and try different styles on!
If you are...
- Tall and slim, a garter belt looks great on you as this give s the illusion that your legs run as long as the Great Wall! These belts draw attention to length by cutting the body horizontally, which also draw the eye to curves.
- Voluptuous and very blessed up top, a corset supports the bust and brings out great cleavage in a very tasty manner, all the while enhancing the small curve of the waist and flattening the stomach. Corsets are fantastically sexy in so many ways; it is hard to go wrong in your choice.
- Cruvy, a sexy little negligee suits more voluptous women! A babydoll teddy will easily make you feel sexy and fabulous, and will allow for you to show off your gorgeous assets.
- Athletic, sexy boy shorts aka booty shorts, add curves to an athletic figure and accentuate a great butt. Derrière shorts come in all types of fabrics and styles, and they can be worn on their own or with other accessories like a bra, a garter, a corset, or all together!
Don't forget your wedding garter! These days, a lot of brides wear two kinds, one to keep and the other to be used for their throw away. Here are a few more inspiration shots of a variety of different garters and lingerie. Remember, being sexy is all about being confident in yourself and what you wear!
Sugar & Spice Events: Wedding Planner, Wedding coordinator, Event Stylist & Decorator on the Gold Coast, Tweed Valley, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast. Gold Coast Weddings / Gold Coast Wedding / Wedding Receptions Gold Coast / Furniture Hire Gold Coast / Wedding Venues Gold Coast / Wedding Centrepieces Gold Coast / Wedding Ideas / Party Decorations / Wedding Ceremonies Gold Coast / Wedding Ceremony Packages Gold Coast / Cocktail Wedding Receptions Gold Coast / Event Company Gold Coast / Event Planner Gold Coast / Marquee Weddings Gold Coast / Wedding Backdrops / Event Backdrops / Wedding table decorations Gold Coast / Wedding decoration Ideas / Wedding Decorations / Wedding Reception Decorations / DIY Wedding Decorations / Wedding Decoration / Table Decorations / Outdoor Table Decorations / Table Centrepieces / Bridal Table Decorations / Table Decorations Ideas / Decorations for wedding / Gold Coast Wedding / Wedding Gold Coast / Wedding Venue Gold Coast / Wedding Decoration Hire / Wedding Receptions / Party Hire Gold Coast / Gold Coast Beach Weddings / Beach Wedding Ideas / Beach Wedding / Gold Coast Beach Wedding / Wedding Decorator Gold Coast / Wedding lingerie / Bridal lingerie / Wedding Guide