We recently came across a charity run by two amazing women, helping other women escape domestic violence. This organisation is called My Friend's Place, and they are doing amazing work!
With our community event vision to "change the world, one event at a time" - My Friend's Place resonated with us and we wanted to help straight away!
At a very busy time of year, we managed to host a Tea Party to raise funds for the women currently homed in safe houses. Our network pulled together and we had an amazing day to support our sisters in need this Christmas.
Through ticket sales, donations and our silent auction we raised $1,315.00, which we will use to purchase 16 x $80.00 gift vouchers and toiletries with the left over for My Friend’s Place to pass on to the women currently in their safe houses. We also have donations of toys, clothes and other bits and pieces that we will deliver.
Huge thanks to the following:
- Evergreen Gardens – Marina & John offered the use of their beautiful home free of charge. Special thanks to John who was a very attentive bar tender on the day!
- Lola & the Chef – Malcolm and his team supplied catering at cost price and it was delicious!
- B Sweet Flowers – Hitomi provided pretty flowers for centrepieces free of charge
- Add On hire – we dined in comfort under a beautiful marquee from Steve and his team
- Ivy & Bleu – We felt very special using ‘solid gold’ cutlery throughout the day ;0)
- Hilton Surfers Paradise – Very kindly donated an accommodation voucher to be raffled on the day which raised $200.00
- Laura & Camille from S&S – these girls volunteered their time to set up and pack down in the hot Summer sun….such superstars!
We had so much fun that we will definitely make this an annual event, and next time have a little more time to organise it =)
This Christmas, remember as we have done that it is more blessed to give than receive.
Related Tag: Corporate Events Gold Coast