The Sugar & Spice Events team are producing a charity event, to raise funds for the Queensland Cancer Council, in honour of our friend who sadly passed away due to bowel cancer earlier this year.
Andrew (my hubby) and Paul were good mates. They had a friendship that spanned a lifetime and was filled with backyard BBQ’s, street cricket, summer days in the pool floating on aqua ducks and Triple J Hottest 100 parties.
We knew Paul was sick, but thought that he would beat the disease, like he had done once before. We were all completely unprepared for the news that he had been admitted into hospital, and would not be coming out.
Saying goodbye was the one of the hardest things our group of friends ever had to do, and the funeral that followed was a heartfelt and emotional day, remembering a man who was known by people across the world as a true gentleman. It was at the wake that we began discussing ways to honour Paul, and the idea of a charity fund raiser was born.
Fast forward a few months later, and The Feast for Paul Freeman is in full swing, with the event date set for next Saturday 8th November. More details are listed in the flier below.
Tickets are just $150.00, and you will receive all of the following:
- Private coach transfer – pick up from Broadbeach.
- 1 hour canapes, served under the stars
- A lavishly themed event in a grand marquee
- 2 course feasting menu
- An opulent lolly and desert buffet
- Alcoholic beverages
- Musical entertainment
- Specialty entertainment from Aerial Angels
- After party venue – LOVE night club, free entry and cheap drinks all night
How do you buy tickets you ask? Easy:
- Call our office on 5568 0523 to make a credit card payment over the phone
- OR email [email protected] for bank details to make a direct deposit
Raffle tickets will also be sold on the night for the tiny price of $20.00 each, and we have secured some wonderful prizes from our generous associates. Prizes include:
- Fox and Hound – Dinner voucher
- Circus Workshop Voucher from Aerial Angels Academy
- Lunch and coffee voucher from Hard Coffee in Brisbane
- Beauty Pack from AMCAL
- 2 x $100 vouchers from Body Dynamics Crossfit for their On-Ramp Program
- 2 x nights accommodation valued at $590 from O’Reilly’s Rainforest Retreat
- A sublime candle pack from Lemon Canary Candles
- 1 month membership valued at $190.00 from Snap Fitness with back pack, towel and drink bottle that can be used at Helensvale, Pacific Pines or Surfers Paradise.
- Champagne Gallery Gift basket valued at $150
- GC Suns supporter pack
- And the grand prize, a $5,000.00 patio from Stratco!!! Amazing!!!
We have been overwhelmed with support for the event, from our amazing industry associates who have joined in our vision to raise $10,000.00 for cancer research.
- Polly’s Country Kitchen – have kindly given us the use of their property to host the event
- GC Marquees – an AMAZING tent to celebrate in!
- Canadian Kitchen – providing an feasting table banquet, wait staff and desert
- Kennards hire – have donated a generator, fuel and distribution board to power the event
- The Party Fridge – have given a mobile cool room to keep our drinks cold
- All Time Party Hire – donating tables, staging, dinnerware and glassware
- Uptown Publicity – helping us to get the word out with their fabulous PR skills!
- Poetry in Motion – Videography services
- Tim Sherriff – Photography services
- Deliciously Decadent – providing some DECADENT cakes for our opulent desert table
- B Cre8ive Media – fliers, facebook banner and email footer
- Moonzoo Music – live musical entertainment throughout the night
- Aerial Angels – the Gold Coast’s best specialty acts and roving performers!
- Coachlink – transfers from Broadbeach to Polly’s and back for all of our guests
- Stem Design and White Ivy Design – amazing centrepieces…
- Paper Divas – event stationary
- Graffiti Stickers – event signage
- Little Gray Station, Event Letters, Dreamweavers Events, Add On Hire – Additional décor and prop pieces
- LOVE Night Club – the after party venue! Free entry and $5 drinks all night for our guests
Can you believe the love these people have showed us!
We are so thrilled that we can celebrate the life of this amazing man, and hope to see as many people there as possible.